Tuesday, January 8, 2013
A lesson worth peanuts
I have been thinking of penning down something creative for a couple of days. Today the feeling was bursting in me like an over full urinary bladder.
Hoping to satisfy my creative nature’s call I went to the beach. My thoughts were disturbed by a small boy selling peanuts shouting “Kappalandi,Kappalandi*”. Angry at my potential creative juice flow being hampered I raised my voice and told “What I want now is creativity, not kappalandi”. “Aww…what is creativity?” the boy asked me with genuine concern and curiosity. “It’s something like the urge to write” I replied. “Ohh…even I have also always wanted to go to school and learn to write…never knew that was called creativity” he said while walking away.
The fire in his eyes lightened my 'creative pressure' but made my heart heavier.I went home without a story but with a lesson.
*Kappalandi is the Malayalam for peanuts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment